Saturday, November 13, 2010

World Kindness Day // Bloggers Unite

World Kindness Day // Bloggers Unite

It was yesterday, but I feel it's never too late to blog about kindness. Kindness seems to be the thing that is lacking today. A lot of people do not take the time to be kind or care about others. In our day to day life, people become too self involved. I think if we all took the time to stop and look at others, it would make an improvement. Kindness has many forms. It can be a hug, handshake, smile, words, look, or small action.
There's a saying I like, that I've heard a lot lately. It is:
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." ~Plato
There is a more modern version of that, but the point is.....everyone has their own issues, sadness, happiness, hills to climb. It is really difficult to keep it in perspective, but I sometimes try to remind myself of that when I am about to become angry.
Another quote that I like is from Conan O'Brien, when he left the Tonight Show....
"'If you work really, really hard, and you're kind... Amazing things will happen to you."
I think that speaks volumes. I've gotten further in life from being kind and understanding. I have a tough exterior, and I'll admit, I am very outspoken. But I do know how to be kind when it counts. And that quote has stuck with me.
Be kind today, and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment